As The Business Year Draws to a Close!
It’s a rainy day is Nova Scotia, the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy on this Oct 31st! We are thankful that we were spared the full wrath of Sandy which has simply devastated the North Eastern US and been felt right through clear to Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes. Today we are getting wind and rain.
We are reminded that many hurricanes don’t miss us but this time we have been largely spared.
And we are thankful for you, our customers!
We are still open for business as long as you need plants and trees. Our retail store is basically closed but can be opened by appointment. If you wish to come, leave us a voice mail 902-538-8825 or send an email to email@example.com . We will respond to all email and voice mail messages.
We are still digging trees for fall orders as long as orders come in. At this point all digging, shipping (and planting) needs to be booked through our office but we still have a good supply of above ground trees that can be provided at short notice.
Looking forward to next year, here are our plans. Pretty straightforward!
- We will be selling the remainder of our container stock in the spring to both retail and wholesale buyers.
- We plan to expand our large tree business (see more below)!
- We will continue to provide tree planting and landscape installation services within a reasonable distance of our headquarters.
- We are actively engaged in the tissue culture propagation of native plants for site restoration and mitigation. This operation is carried out at lab facilities at the K. C Irving Environmental Sciences Center in Wolfville. It includes research into tissue culture and other propagation protocols and systems. We are capable of providing research and production of both terrestrial and wetlands species and welcome your inquiries!
- Depending on conditions next spring we intend to engage in a limited line of high demand container plants.
- And finally…We are actively looking for a buyer for our headquarters property and business in Welsford including our container production and retail businesses. Serious inquiries only please! Contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
Springvale Large Tree Business:
To our knowledge, Springvale is the largest producer of large caliper trees in Atlantic Canada. We produce trees which are grown here on our farms and acclimatized to Maritime conditions. In many cases these have been begun from seed or rooted cuttings in our propagation operation and are of local provenance. All of our native stock is truly native, (not imported so called “native” species)
In addition, we grow on various species and cultivars from whips and liners sourced elsewhere as it is not possible for us to start all plants here.
So here are the basic facts:
– Over 30,000 trees in production.
– Trees can be supplied in the early spring (dormant period) bare root, through the season potted and in burlap, wire basket format.
– Small trees (bare root and potted) in sizes from 1 meter – 3 meters.
– Wire Basket trees are available in the following sizes:
– (a) Conifers from 100 cm to 500 cm (3 ft – 16 ft)
– (b) Deciduous trees range from 30 mm caliper (1”) to 300 mm (10 “) The trees will range from 12 ft roughly to 25 ft.
– Over 100 species and cultivars in our fields.
– Native species are produced from native seed sources.
– Trees harvested from our farms in the spring and fall, depending on species.
– Extra large trees 6” – 10”require specialized heavy equipment to move and plant.
– Planting service is available within reasonable travel distance of Berwick depending on the location and quantity of trees.
– Our company is experienced in large scale tree planting and landscaping contracts as well as residential landscaping.
Though 2012 season, our 25th anniversary is drawing to a close we encourage you to contact us for your large tree needs and welcome tours of our fields to view and choose the material for your project. Digging for fall concludes at freeze up and begins again in early April.
On behalf of my staff and family we wish to thank you for your patronage during the past season and look forward to serving you in the spring.
Paul H Grimm, President.